Friday, December 08, 2006

Summer time...


I've been stress out these few days. I cannot seems to draw human and my lines are funny! My problem started with the head.. It seems like there's something wrong with the construction. I've stayed until morning for a few days and drew quite a lot of heads (female) - and having a hard time waking up in the morning -_-". The first hours were the worst.. the proportions were all wrong and they were all looking weird. After a while it seems to get better. For the image, basically I just redrew a pose that I did 2 days ago. I'm sorry that I cannot allow myself to post the original one.. it's just too horrible and I did it digitally and consistently trying to make it work by adding more and more rendering.. but it's just making it worse... as Iain McCaig used to say... "always be prepare to murder your 'darling'(artwork). If it's not working, you just have to erase it and start again.." I think I have to be braver in the future.

as usual, there're some stuff that need fixing in the sketch for sure, but I think I can show it for now. She wore an adventure clothing in the original one and was carrying a bag in the end the stick. But for practicing purpose, I drew this one in swimsuit with mirror as the reference for hand and a bit of pose :-P.

And as usual, comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. :-)

Note: Have been listening (and watching) Bobby Chiu's videos (in Youtube). Got a lot motivation from it. I don't know him in person, but I think he's a great guy! A big thanks to him for sharing all the thought and knowledge. Don't forget to check his website!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Charles great blog you have here. Keep up the drawings! Thanks for coming by my blog and feel free to link me

Charles Santoso said...

Thanks, Bobby! Really appreciate your visit here :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...