Thursday, July 19, 2007

Back to my cat...

Hi all,
Here's some more progress of my cat illustration. I know it's slow, but I'm forcing myself to be more patient with my artwork and hopefully my speed will increase with time and practice. Patient and work hard.. patient and work hard.. :-)

I'm starting to gather some references and study colour and lighting more. I hope it's coming along well. I'm going to keep updating the progress in this post. Any comments and feedbacks will be appreciated.

Learn.. learn and learn... Gawd.. I think I'm obsessed with drawing and painting now. I won't stop though.. It feels great!

Cheers,
Charles

4 comments:

Piya said...

I like how it's progressing.

I'm kinda curious on how it would look if there was a faint glow coming from behind the iron gate in the background. Could add to the atmosphere (as long as the contrast is not so severe as to distract the viewer). One thing though: the fish's bottom jaw might be running a tangent with Puss's left thigh.

Other than that, I really like it and can't wait to see it finished!

Charles Santoso said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Piya. I'll try it out. Also, you're spot on on the tangent! Btw, it's not a fish.. it's a monster rat's head.. hehehe.. I'll refine it later to make it clearer :-)

Appreciate your visit!

-Charles-

Piya said...

Whoops. Sorry about that! Where's the blood and headless body and all the other stuff that makes geeks giggle like little school girls???!!! :-)

Charles Santoso said...

heehhee.. yeap.. you'll see some blood later on.. mmm.. :-) Thanks, Piya.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...